View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #20
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Perhaps you should try it again because you didn't follow one of the steps. You wrote that you left the engine running...the instructions state to have the car in the "drive-ready state" which I interpret as the START button has been pressed (without foot on the brake pedal) so that control modules are powered but the engine is not running.
Functional requirements
The setting can only be performed when the vehicle is stationary. The drive-ready state must be switched on and the light must be turned off.

Adjusting the sensitivity

Push the turn signal lever to the front for approximately 10 seconds. The system responds more sensitively. A Check Control message is displayed.

Resetting the sensitivity

Push the turn signal lever to the front again for approx. 10 seconds or switch off the drive-ready state.

The sensitivity of the high-beam Assistant is reset to the factory settings.
FWIW...I have no desire to even mess around with this feature because it works so well on my f06. It seems to turn off the high beams way before it would blind oncoming traffic or slower moving traffic I approach from behind...as well as turns off when cars approach from a perpendicular angle (traffic approaching from side streets).
Drive-Ready State is foot on brake pedal then press Start aka starting the engine...I think you’re confusing it with something else. I think this proves the point that BMW over complicates something yet again. It shouldn’t be this confusing to follow 3 steps to adjust sensitivity. For your reference on a Drive-Ready State:

Drive-ready state
Concept

Switching on drive-ready state corresponds to starting the engine.

General information

Some functions, such as DSC Dynamic Stability Control, can only be used with drive-ready state switched on.

Switching on drive-ready state
Concept

Steptronic transmission
1. Depress the brake pedal.
2. Press the Start/Stop button.

The ignition is activated automatically for a brief time and is stopped as soon as the engine starts.

Most of the indicator/warning lights in the instrument cluster light up for a varied length of time.

Last edited by randybobandy; 02-25-2020 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Formatting
Appreciate 0