02-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #9
AB17
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i,2016 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
From production starts to completion typically takes 3-4 weeks. From in production to completion takes about a week. The process speeds up quickly at the end and estimated completion dates are fairly accurate with a few days. BTW, checking status every 15 minutes, a common occurrence, doesn't speed up the process but doesn't slow it down either. Biggest unknown in production is getting an allocation but your well beyond that variable. At this point you should have a production week and should be able to estimate the week it will be at your dealer. If a PCD, add two weeks to delivery from completion date. If o/s USA a fellow countryman should be able to estimate shipment time. If your taking delivery towards the end of the month its worthwhile to consider upside of waiting a few days to take delivery after programs are updated.
Good luck with delivery. Your going to love everything about the new vehicle.
This is very insightful. I was checking the status often to see how it will move. Part of it is also the excitement that the production has begun. I did not opt for PCD - based on what you said, I have saved some time.

I did not quite understand your first two statements. Did you mean from "Production begins" to "Ready for transport" it takes 3 -4 weeks?
Appreciate 0