View Single Post
      05-12-2023, 07:00 PM   #30
mencio
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M (F95) LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofmine View Post
Anything new always feels good, but I don’t agree that F85 feels outdated, I have F85 and X7 loaded with options, in terms of luxury both in same level, F85 has better quality leather…

Also F95 more harsher ride, while F85 much more smoother thanks to air suspension.
I do agree on the leather, the F85 seemed like it was a bit better when new. As I stated in my post, my F85 was bought used and the previous owner could have definitely kept the car in better conditions. Yes a new car will always feel good, but just stepping inside the LCI, for me, feels quite a bit exclusive and M like. Starting from the seat which have a different support and feel, bigger side bolsters and, for me at least, were easier to find a comfortable seat position. Then from the new carbon shifters, to center console (carbon fiber vs plastic in the F85) it is definitely a step up. Not sure which X7 model you have but maybe those are a bit closer in overall luxury. Also a new base model X7 is almost as much as the highest F85 for sale rn, where as the LCI X5M is almost double the price of an X7.

Ride quality. We will need people that have owned the pre-LCI to give a comparison review, but BMW did say that they revised the suspension for the LCI, so I wouldn't be surprised that it is indeed smoother than the pre-LCI. I owned my F85 for almost 2 years and I can personally tell you that the F95 (LCI) rides way better than the F85 did. Overall smoother, less jarring, composed and absorb bumps much better with less bounce and loud thunk.
I have been dropping my kid to school every morning for 2 years now, which has 2 pretty substantial speed bumps, and the F85 would have that strange noise and bounce back from the air suspension. Not bad, but just not very smooth with a lot more rebound when the rear clears it. The LCI is much smoother over the bump with way less body movement and can be felt a lot less inside the cabin.

Again please I am not a car reviewer or expert, this is all from my personal experience and from having bought about 10 car in the last 10 years. For me best everyday/sporty ride out of the box that I have bought, with the F80 in close second, albeit more on the sporty side.