10-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #20
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4me View Post
Yeah, I don't understand, but their service print out shows spark plugs recommended with oil change. Now, maybe that was for that one oil change, but it was worded as if it was done each time (notice it says "linked with Engine oil") Seems quick to me. We're at 57k miles.

Attaching a picture of the printout.

This was when we were considering purchasing the "maintenance plan" as a guy who used to do all his own maintenance, I needed the X5 to be more reliable for my girlfriend and the cost of spark plugs sold me on the level of service we got.
Spark plug change at every oil change is plain wrong. If it is free, and if they did the right job, it won't hurt. But plug change at 10K miles is just ridiculous. Starting from N54 (turbo), BMW recommended interval is 60k. Prior to trubo, the interval is 100K.

As for cost, the OEM plugs are inexpensive, maybe $5-$7 each. So $45 or parts. Changing out 6 plugs on G05 (big hood with lots of space to work with), it is no more than a 30 minutes job, this is at home with barely enough tools. Dealer mechanics with proper tools, this is probably a 10 minutes job.