Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
That is a rather extreme assumption but yes my statement is correct. I don't know of anything on the road that has zero, that would be plain stupid. My answer to you is correct unless you have zero... wow?
If you agree that it's incorrect for zero, you must believe in some weird discontinuity for your statement to be true for a small non-zero value. Discontinuous phenomena are very rare in nature and are all very special. Instead most likely result is that comfort continuously increases from zero and saturates for some large enough wheel travel (because bumps on the road have finite size and car speed is finite). So to answer my original question - this saturation must be happening before stock height and stock is presumably overly conservative.

In any case, physics aside, I perused the X3M forums where this has been out for a longer time, and most people there were seeing worse subjective comfort than stock if lowered by more than about an inch, so that'll be a good guess for X5M as well.

I need to do a bit more research on installers nearby, but this will be a very tempting proposition once I switch back to summer tires. I don't know if this is me just getting used to it, but ride seems pretty nice since I've switched to winter tires.

Last edited by Noneya; 12-30-2020 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0