View Single Post
      09-18-2023, 04:58 PM   #13
mattsrs
Major
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotvee View Post
I would look towards Cayenne. They brought the V8 engine back to the S trim plus their interior definitely beats out the new “touch only” X5 LCI interior. I personally don’t really like the BMW build quality, the LCI interior/exterior and overall trims simplification (you no longer can order some features in the US which were available before, like luggage compartment, comfort access to all 4 doors, and so on).
2024 Cayenne interior is a big step back. I had a 2022 Cayenne and recently test drove a 2024 Cayenne with leather and all the options. It feels too plastici and less premium compared to last gen Cayenne or X6/X7. They cut corners to increase margins and it shows. However, this is the trend everyone is heading towards and I am sure the next all new generation of X5 will feel more plastici than current gen. That said, I dearly miss how Cayenne drives and will go back at some point. BMW driving feel is just too numb compared to Porsche regardless of how much M options you add to it and the M cars are too stiff as daily drivers. Porsche has figured out the formula really well but in they are terrible value for $ and BMW is better in that regard.
Appreciate 0