View Single Post
      04-17-2016, 10:34 PM   #108
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Im new to the whole " Use the Credit Cards to your advantage " Ive had good credit and a well paying job for some time now.. We just bought a house last year and Ive mostly used my debit card for everything up until this point..

At work recently I have a colleague who is big into " Using the cards to your advantage " So we went over a bunch of perks and reasons why if your good with your money ( which I am ) you can work the system good and how theres not much of a reason to use a your debit card with 0 rewards.

So far I have signed up for the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred ( 3% Gas / 6% Groceries ) it had a $75 yearly fee but they pay for the first two years if you do $2000 or something in the first month. We only use this card for gas & groceries and have made $150 off it so far this year.

My wife got the Citi Double Cash and has been enjoying that, One major perk is the price match.. Say you buy a SSD Computer Hard Drive for $125, You put it in their site with a copy of the transaction and if that goes down in the next 30 days or so you get the diff.. We have made $200 off this feature so far.. We also did a new front door on our house for $3000, So we charged it and made 1% on the initial purchase, And 1% when we paid it off 10 days later.

Thats $60 for free instantly, Just a way to use to your advantage...... Im sure these companys are banking on the people that are not good with money but if you are good they can be worked over pretty good.

Im new to the whole process but have been enjoying the benefits, its like a game to see how much free money / stuff I can get.
Appreciate 0