View Single Post
      12-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I know on the X7 there were two motions, the seat back would tilt forward and the entire seat would move forward and tilt up. When a car seat is present, the seat back doesn't tilt, but the entire seat still moves forward and tilts up slightly. It gives you room to access the back, just not the same amount. I don't know for sure, but I bet the X5 works in a similar fashion.

Now on the X7, if you had a forward facing seat, the 3rd latch point was on the floor behind the seat, instead of attatched to the back of the seat. That pretty much means if you're in the phase of child seat, you would have to unhook the 3rd strap every time you needed to move the seat. This was a deal breaker for me and my wife. I'm not sure if the X5 is the same way.

Edit: The X7 we were looking at had the captains chairs which is why the 3rd latch hook was on the floor.
Based on my limited understanding car seat safety (as a parent I should be ashamed), the safest installation method is to have the metal hook/strap connect to the back of the seatback (and higher up the anchor point the better).

I guess I'm ok either way with the G05, but it'd just be THAT much nicer if I could put both carseats on 60 side of the bench, and use 40 as access point and additional seating. It'd get a bit ridiculous to uninstall carseats everytime we have passengers...
Appreciate 0