View Single Post
      09-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #59
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
Well guys my Porsche rep just emailed me that my Turbo GT has shipped from germany..

But I'm having second thoughts. The build quality issues I had with my '23 have been somewhat resolved - teflon tape on the doors to mitigate squeaking and a replacement center air register means all my squeaks and rattles are gone. I ordered this Cayenne Turbo GT but I'm not sure if I really want to drive a near quarter million dollar daily driver and put 15k miles on it a year. Looking at the depreciation, just owning it for two years would cost me at least $70k...

I turo'd a plaid X for a few days and don't think I could rock that even with a BBK and suspension upgrades (the navigation makes me want to kill myself)... So now I'm just contemplating keeping this thing for a few more years and waiting. Maybe do some springs and wrap the car a different color, and refinish or get new wheels. I've said on here before if BMW makes a 3-4 motor iX5M with 4-500 miles of range that handles like a BMW, I'm in...

If I do pass on the Turbo GT I ordered I might not get a 2RS allocation however.
I feel like if you're going to spend that kind of money, you have to be all in and it doesn't seem like you are.

Code:
but I'm not sure if I really want to drive a near quarter million dollar daily driver and put 15k miles on it a year
This right here is going to kill your enjoyment of it. You'll drive it less and worry far more when and where you do ... that's just my gut feeling. I have no doubt the Porche is a fantastic vehicle and the Throttle House review speaks volumes. But, is it $100k+ better than what you're presently driving? I'm guessing not and you could customize and improve what you have a whole lot just based on the sales tax savings alone, not considering the depreciation.

Code:
If I do pass on the Turbo GT I ordered I might not get a 2RS allocation however.
This may be the part that ends up hurting you the most. I'm not familiar enough with the Porsche politics or used market to be able to offer anything valuable. Can you take the Cayenne Turbo GT and sell it shortly after w/o it affecting your future purchases?
Appreciate 0