Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdmcg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Could always buy the mobility kit for your 22" scenario and ditch the spare. That's what ppl do when they're tired of the run flats and swap them out with non-run flats.
Perhaps we’re getting off topic (21” vs 22”) but your suggestion raised a question in my mind if you can order 22” and opt for no-spare. Per the customizer you can’t. So if I order 22” and “ditch the spare” don’t I still lose the cargo space and now have no spare?
It’s my opinion the choice is safety/convenience vs appearance. I like the look of the 22” but not incrementally more than the 21” to give up the cargo space and safety of run flats.
The cavity for the spare is there regardless of whether there is a spare in it or not. Buy the spare at order, it's a great deal, don't even think of not buying it. Then feel free to leave it in the garage and not carry it and use the cavity for storage. Sell the spare to an unlucky bastard that either forgot to order car with spare or resides in Canada (where we're not allowed to have spares by BMW Canada).