Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For all of the non-blacks in this thread, please understand that most of our problems in the black community are brought about by our own actions. Don't let any black person tell you the color of their skin is holding them back (...or it's the reason why they deal with cops more often or can't maintain employment). This country is ripe with opportunity if a person puts in effort and makes good life decisions.
I do 100% agree with this for sure.

But - I also think we have programs in place that make it far too easy to pass on those opportunities - no matter your race. It is hard to inspire people to work when you incentivise them not to.

I grew up in a small mid-western town and there were lot of people who's "work" was working the system. All races have it figured out. You can't live well - but you can live.

There needs to be an incentive to work to allow that pride in standing on your own two feet to bloom and take hold. The freedoms this country provides are amazing.

I know a guy who came here in his late teens from Nigeria and now owns and operates a small gas station C store. I heard someone bemoan how he got "hand outs" to come here and have a leg up. He blasted that guy. "I did everything I could to afford to come here and once I got here with less than $250 left in my pocket I got a job, then another, and then another. I lived with a family I knew and shared a bedroom with their son when I actually got to sleep while I worked 3 jobs. I didn't buy nice shoes, or a car or expensive clothes - I saved it all till I had enough to put a down payment down and then quit ONE of my jobs while I got it going and then another until it could sustain me. No one HANDED me anything" Not only did he shut that guy up - he shut us all up. It was an amazing story and shows you what "freedom" is all about if you are willing to work for it.

I don't know how we get that pride in working back, but I'd vote funds for it if they could find a way to do it.
You will find that blacks who emigrated here do exceptionally well. They're the same color, but their mentality is worlds apart from native born blacks. The problem isn't color. The problem is attitude (...as you've stated).
Appreciate 7
vreihen1615271.00
CarPoor140.00
Murf99314114.00
scostu1623.00
Germanauto9702.50
unluky7528.00