12-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #118
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
BMW needs to produce 400 mile electric car today, not push off the moment they need to retool their factories as far into future as possible, but lead with more than the i3. Which broke down on me twice, btw. Other opinions mate. They do exist. Their efforts to date in electric are pathetic. Imagine they actually invested into making better batteries instead of selling you mood lighting in the interior and making cringey movies about "m - town". Wtf.
400 miles range means nothing if there is no decent charging infrastructure, charging takes hours and as long as all the diesel assholes see charging points as their free long term parking spots (at least here it's a very common sight, mentality needs to change). In warm(er) weather, my 530e drives arounf 40km in full electric mode with means that 70% of my daily commute is in electric mode and the average fuel consumption is around 2.4l/100km. Of the total of 57000km, I did 21500 in electric mode. And when I'm on a cross europe trip of 1500km, I don't need to plan 3 days for it. Best of both worlds and now with the 80km range, life will be sweet. Like Clarkson said: current electric vehicles are like the first laptops, cool but cumbersome.

To each his own, I guess...
Appreciate 0