United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Seems like you guys are new in modding.
In 25 years of building, hotrodding, restoring, and racing cars.....I have NEVER seen a company that offers a "warrantee" on engines, and then immediately follows that statement with a "backdoor" to avoid paying out that includes any sort of race, display, or street driving. This company has basically stated that they have a warrantee, and then in the next breath stated that under no circumstances will they actually honor it.
Really???
25 years and never seen that?
I have seen a few. Even in the past 10 years of my 30 years in this industry from modding my own car on my driveway to working for someone else to owning my own business.
There are race use products that have manufacturers warranty, but later said not to be used for racing or off-roading.

I missed the old days where when we want to mod our car, we don't care about warranty.
It is what it is.
Now warranty seems to be like a marketing word.

I bet you don't even read the whole small print when you are about to use your mobile phone or computer or electronic devices or softwares or services.
There are lawyers wordings that also protect themselves. But you will always click on agree anyway. Because by the time you finish reading it, a new version will be released and you'll have to go through the whole small print again.

In short, it is the same as BMW. The slogan, Ultimate Driving Machine. Built to be driven.
But guess what, your warranty is void if you drive it hard at a track. Not on competition, just track days.
And, you buys this M Competition, but your warrant will be voided if you use it for Competition.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 2
sd306380.50
swainbmw525.50