10-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #213
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
There's only one way he would pull away and that's with more traction as I said, what does that suggest to you.
Traction to pull away requires grip at the rear, so that you can accelerate out of the corners earlier and harder. Vehicle dynamics is a craft I had to learn for my profession, so sorry to burst your bubble here. And DAS can only have effect on front, and it would be negligible since the slip angles you'd have to achieve to get any kind of heat in into front tires while going slow would be HUGE.

Furthermore, if the car had warm tires in the front, and cold in the rear (where DAS has 0 effect) this is a recipe for a very tail happy car, and a great way to achieve a spinout. As in you get false sense of confidence during braking, at turn in, and towards the apex, only for the rears to break loose mid corner. Not a good idea for any racecar.

Hamilton's car was balanced at the restart, like it was the rest of the time. So unless it has magical carpets warming both front and rear tires equally, it tells me HAM simply drove better.

Because Physics!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10-11-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50