Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffrey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I get the point you're making. Yes, I agree that the lambo is definitely more prestigious than a BMW.

I wish I could afford one, but that ain't gonna happen, lol. As much as I would be happy driving an Aventador.. I would still be a bit bummed out of a corvette spanked me in a test of speed and skill.

I guess you're referring to people who buy cars as status symbols and don't really drive them and make them garage queens, don't care about the performance associated with their trophy.

On the other hand, as a car enthusiast who values true skill, performance and a vehicle's capabilities, would be disappointed if I were to spend so much money on a car designed to be one of the best, only to get dusted off by something less difficult to aquire.
Honestly, if that were the case more people would be buying Alfa Giulia and Stelvio. One of my friends has a 2020 Stelvio QV and it's his DD, I drove it a few times and it shames my X50i in terms of pure driving dynamics and general theatre and costs about the same...he's had zero issues with it since he's had it.
But the Stelvio competes more with the X3, not the X5. So a small SUV would probably feel better than a mid-size SUV handling wise during a spirited drive.

I'm assuming, but I imagine you both selected your daily drivers because you met somewhere in the middle, compromising driving dynamic and utility and luxury.

But these two vehicles don't complete in the market, so naturally there will be differences in the categories mentioned above.

Also, me personally don't consider Alphas to be more prestigious than BMW. Both makes are quite common as daily drivers.