02-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3284me View Post
Struggling with this decision. Can someone post pictures. We originally were going to order mineral white and wife threw me a curve ball! We are leaning toward Tanzanite, but worried that it would go purple in certain light. Unfortunately our dealer has neither on the lot at the moment.
When I first saw Tanzanite, I thought it was black or very very dark graphite, it was an overcast day, sorta gloomy, due to that, I passed it up as a color of choice. I later saw it again in the sun and it was quite beautiful, I really liked it. Upon verifying that it was the same car I had seen earlier, I was amazed how much the color changed depending on the sun being out.

Never was there even a hint of purple. James_G0530d is correct, in the right light, you might sense a bit of faded purple from the Arctic Grey but never with the Tanzanite, its a great color. If where you live in NJ you get a good amount of sunlight, you'll love it and so with others who look at it. Who knows, your neighbors might think you bought two, one black and one blue
Appreciate 1
M40i4me1037.00