View Single Post
      09-09-2020, 06:14 AM   #18
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
From my personal experience i've had different thoughts on the B&W on different BMWs.
The first time I ever heard it was on my brother's 2017 750. It was clear, crisp yet sometimes lacking bass. Then the 8er came out and I tried the system on that car and it differs from the Coupe to the GC. The ones on the Coupe sound much better, I don't know if it's because of the smaller cabin.
Then I tried it on the X6 M50i and I loved it. it was full of bass, crispiness and you could enjoy it even on the lower frequencies. I especially loved the 3d surroud sound which was lacking in the previous cars.
THEN I tried it on the 7er LCI. I don't know if it was the car itself as it was a loaner from the dealership but it was a disaster. It wasn't near as loud as it could be, felt a bit noisy and unclear (if that makes sense).
Now i'm driving an X7 M50i as a loaner (again, yes my car gets sent back to the dealership alot these days) and while I love it once again it does feel lacking on the lower notes.

It may be my unfortunate luck to have different experiences with the same brand but all in all I'd upgrade to the B&W.
The B&W is a sophisticated, highly tuned audio system that can be adjusted to sound less than good. One of the first things I do when in the showroom is adjust each car I sit in to a reasonable adjustment. My SA loves it when I do this as most audio systems have been played with to the point they are sabotage. I have found many tone adjustments set all the way to their extremes which is a train wreck.

There is two separate ways to adjust the tone in the new B&W. Check those settings. A owner needs to fine tune the system to what they like with the eq. This sets the personality of the system. Then there is global bass and treble quick adjustments after the eq has been set. These two adjustments are for quick adjustments of the already set “personality” of the audio system. You can very easily make the entire system thumpy/pumpy windows down if that’s what you are into with the quick adjustments and then roll up the windows set the adjustments back to neutral and now you have a clean balanced system with the personality you set with the eq.

Last edited by MystroX5; 09-09-2020 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
HMN360.00