BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
@AndroidRobot

Thank you!

That's how mine would be since it's usually just me daily.

I think they look fantastic when they're clean but I don't think I could live with them. I wish I could but I'm a nut
I am having a similar challenge. Love the liners overall, but they get so dirty so quick - it would have been nice if they atleast lasted one week, or even a couple of days.

We don't have to worry about snow/ice/salt here in the South, so only focused on handling rainy days - for which i prefer rubber over wet carpet. Funnily, my old 5 series carpets which have seen similar treatment and weather, have aged extremely gracefully and look clean and almost new with minimal cleaning effort. They also used to 'look' clean for at least 1-2 weeks before they needed to be cleaned properly. I too am OCD about things being clean, but to echo AR's earlier comment, we differ in our levels of OCD

Tempted to just buy a spare set of carpets for rough use and set them aside if/when they are done. Cleaning these every week for 7 years will easily cost more in time. Unlike detailing the rest of the car, where I have some hope that it will last at least a week (unless it rains, LOL, but in which case I won't bother if in the forecast) and have commensurate joy in cleaning the car, this particular one is a minor sore spot. It will get dirty the very next day or two - even with formal shoes used gently over carpet and concrete sidewalks!

PS: anybody know any good products to give a rich, dark matt or satin/low-shine look to these liners? I don't want to make this slick or too shiny/slippery.
Appreciate 2
wrickem2101.00