View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #25
SlowX6M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X6M, 2012 X5, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
All it takes is one bad car wash and it could require 10+ hours worth of paint correction to make it near perfect again. It all depends just how bad the car wash you went to is. Was it hand wash? machine wash? dirty mitt? harsh dirty broom brush that they use on other peoples cars and wheels? I've seen all of that in the past and spent enough hours with a orbital buffer doing paint correction to realize that its either I hand wash it myself or its just not worth it to wash it at all at a car wash place. Even when i hand wash myself over time you will still leave minor marks on the paint but those can be removed with one stage polish.

Even places that does "handwashes" their mitts are filthy, questionable soaps used, scrubbing the car up and down as fast as they can. Then comes the drying part with again dirty rags that they use over and over again. As much as I hate driving a dirty car I just can't come to going to these places ever again.

Alan

Yep, this is what the guy explained to me, and to add insult to the injury, it turns out most car washes actually recycle water. How often do they actually replace or clean the filters that the recycled water goes through?

I'll have the paint corrected, and a ceramic coat protection applied, but I'll avoid these car washes from now on.
Appreciate 0