View Single Post
      12-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #31
155ND
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5MC Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
All it takes is one bad car wash and it could require 10+ hours worth of paint correction to make it near perfect again. It all depends just how bad the car wash you went to is. Was it hand wash? machine wash? dirty mitt? harsh dirty broom brush that they use on other peoples cars and wheels? I've seen all of that in the past and spent enough hours with a orbital buffer doing paint correction to realize that its either I hand wash it myself or its just not worth it to wash it at all at a car wash place. Even when i hand wash myself over time you will still leave minor marks on the paint but those can be removed with one stage polish.

Even places that does "handwashes" their mitts are filthy, questionable soaps used, scrubbing the car up and down as fast as they can. Then comes the drying part with again dirty rags that they use over and over again. As much as I hate driving a dirty car I just can't come to going to these places ever again.

Alan
100% agree ... i've been meaning to start a "what's your X5M cleaning routine" thread ... I'll do it this weekend, with photos from tomorrow's wash