Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Picked it up from the guy, and the gloss is back. There are some minor scratches left that he couldn't get rid of, but you need to look really close to see them. I'd say the car is 90% like new, so I am pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Picked it up from the guy, and the gloss is back. There are some minor scratches left that he couldn't get rid of, but you need to look really close to see them. I'd say the car is 90% like new, so I am pleased.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Consider it perfect.

Most dealer prep is also garbage. When I picked mine up, it looked like dealer prep was done with sand paper. I complained to management and they agreed. They covered the cost of paint correction.

Be careful with washing, even with those mobile detailing folks.
Be sure they rinse out the mitt often, especially when going below the belt line. It doesn't matter if they pressure wash before and use a soap cannon to cover the whole car. If they don't rinse out the mitt, there's a high chance that they will pick up some debris from the front bumper / lower panels and drag that across your entire car. Rinse often and don't apply pressure when drying. I literally lay a towel down on the hood to absorb the water, then lift it straight up. No pressure no dragging.
Then go at it gently with a detailing cloth for any drips.

Is this crazy? Yes. But it depends how you want your car to look.