View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #25
RocketGoBoom
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive45e

I have had my 2021 X5 45e since last Saturday and now have a 200 miles on it, so I feel like I can add my input here.

Typically the readout when full says 40-41 miles. If you are using the air conditioning, that reduces it to about 36-37 miles of expected range when full.

The estimates seem fairly accurate so far. I can easily get 35 miles of pure EV range when doing my local driving. If I were willing to suffer in the Florida sun without using AC, maybe even over 40+ miles of EV range. But I am not willing to suffer like that.

My driving is 99% EV so far. After 200+ miles, my gas tank still shows totally full.

I love hitting the Sport button just to make everything turn red on the screens. It changes the entire personality of the car, especially at night.

The combo of the electric motor plus the 6 cylinder 3 liter gas engine, incredible performance of those working together. This car just leaps around on the highway, especially in Sport mode. I think Sport mode still uses the electricity if available, not 100% sure about that yet because I have not spent enough time in Sport mode. I am still playing with EV mode too much.

I am fairly sure if you time your departure for when the battery is finishing the recharge, you get an extra 3% to 5% out of it. My car today showed 44 miles of range right when it finishes, then settles down to 40-41 later. With lithium battery packs, pack voltage settles after a few hours. Using departure timing allows you to consume that extra 3% to 5% of energy before it settles down.
Appreciate 0