Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFatDoom View Post
I will preface my reply by saying that I am all about comfort and relaxation for my X5. I bought this truck for a no stress driving experience and I was coming from a vehicle with a ton of road noise and very little refinement, amenities, or anything that would be remotely described as luxurious. Road imperfections reverberated throughout the cabin and I was constantly weaving throughout my own lane to avoid potholes.

The X5 is the only vehicle in our family so the purchase was somewhat of a group decision. In my old age of my late 30s, I'm perfectly happy with 19s as those are 2 inches larger than my previous car's ones, and I'm at a stage in my life where I value practicality and the associated comfort and stress-free driving that comes along with it. Are the 20s going to be that much of a difference for wheel well gap? Probably not, you're likely going to need to go down a road of fiddling with your suspension which is something I'm not going to start trying to do. Will I, or anyone else to be able to notice a difference in ride quality? That's up to the person sitting in the car, where are you are driving and how you are driving.

Just like I said in a previous thread where I professed my liking of the chrome trim on my X5, I understand I'm likely the outlier on this type of forum, so I am very well aware that this is the minority opinion.

I'll conclude my essay by saying I think the 19 inch wheels fill the wheel wells completely fine but I'm sure you can find tons of other people that will disagree with me and tell me I am doing it wrong

Hope that helps you or anyone else!
I am right there with you on EVERY point! Except it's not the only car in our family. But 19" and X line and chrome trim is where it's at. And I turn 40 this year and the car literally says 40 on it, so that's fitting.

That being said, there's a good argument to be made for making the X5 look more like a sports car with the M sport line, big wheels, etc.

But my back can't handle that anymore. And I'd rather have a rugged looking X5 personally and be able to off-road and run over things without worrying about damaging the wheels.

The perfect garage is a rugged X5 and an M3.
Appreciate 1