View Single Post
      02-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianBlue View Post
Thank you for the clarification -- that's what I originally suspected.

But when I go to the "build" function on the BMW site, this is what it has to say about the Driving Assistance Professional Package:
___

Driving Assistance Professional Package
$1,700
Maximize peace of mind every time you get behind the wheel of your vehicle with innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, as well as evasion and cross-traffic aids to minimize risk during city driving. Also included is Steering Assistant for super-convenient, partially-automated driving.

Active Driving Assistant Pro

Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems provide partly-automated support to deliver peace of mind. Features like Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant, Emergency Stop Assistant, and Evasion Aid assist the driver during critical driving situations, such as a health emergency or the sudden presence of vehicles or pedestrians in front of the car.

Extended Traffic Jam Assistant for limited access highways

Traffic Jam Assistant provides partially automated steering input on certain roadways up to 40 MPH in suitable driving conditions.
___

There is no mention of ACC, hence my question about its current availability.
No need to worry, that is just the way they describe it on the website. It is covered under innovative active driving assistance features for worry-free highway travel, Steering and Lane Keeping Assistant, Lane Change Assistant and of course Extended Traffic Jam Assistant. Can't have that without adaptive cruise.