06-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #161
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
absurd comment. I agree this interior shows likely a premium interior (seems like full/extended leather), it will be nowhere close to $8000.

The most expensive leather add on in any BMW car today is $5000 for the new M5. The most expensive X5/6 leather today is merely $3700. Even the flagship 7 series' most expensive leather is not $4000, all of it categorized as "individual".

The only thing possibly "individual" about this interior we see is that maybe the added color option is categorized as "individual" on the build tool, but it'll be configurable to the mass market, meaning it's not really "individual". An true "individual" interior means, you actually walk in and look at the myrid of leather swatches, and pick the one you want with contrast stitching, and maybe, just maybe that will cost around $7000. I doubt this X5 interior will even be $5000 given the M5 is at $5,000 today.
Read my post, please. I said interior package (executive, luxury seating, or something new all together) + individual leather.
Appreciate 0