View Single Post
      12-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #172
Newbie1
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
A reasonable discount % off is subjective. Members have negotiated up to 10% off MSRP (more than 10% are unicorns) before any incentives which depends on many factors from your relationship with a dealer, how you go about getting multiple dealers to compete for you business, your negotiation skills, where you live, time of year etc.

Getting back to your question, anywhere from 7 to 8% off is reasonable. More than 9%, you're gotta have to work it - sometimes that means going out of state for that deal.

Going to set some expectations for forum members fishing for deals - no dealer is not going to offer you 9-10% right at the start.

My only advise is if you're in the market - know what you want, how much it costs, what incentives are available and go in knowing your��. Know the basics of leasing or financing - there's so many resources out the web - Edmunds, Leasehackr, this forum.

The more you know, the more leverage you have going into negotiations and getting that unicorn deal.

Hey your information was total GOLD. I literally took your advice and asked for 12% off MSRP BEFORE incentives and got one to bite that is a bigger seller in one of the markets you mentioned in the past.

So that being said 12% off MSRP before incentives only makes me wonder what more I could have gotten. This deal sounds like a unicorn for a 2020 x5 AWD BRAND NEW
and literally he told me to pick any in stock to do that deal.

This almost sounds too good?

Last edited by Newbie1; 12-20-2019 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0