View Single Post
      01-10-2021, 09:17 PM   #17
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

What's really sad about this is the fact that it worked flawlessly before the 2019 update. BMW can't tell me they didn't test this before releasing the update. I know they did and they knew it was a problem but released it anyway.

This is how all of these large companies that deal with tech work. Just get those updates out there so they can fix some other bug without making sure they don't break something else in the process. Unfortunately, they almost always break something else.

What's worse, is when you call them on their issues and they flat out deny it. The classic "This is the first I've heard of that problem". Or, "We could not replicate the issue you are having and we haven't heard of anyone else having this problem either" type responses. Yet, weeks or months later they come out with a "Service Information Bulletin (SIB) that addresses the very issue everyone's complaining about but BMW has never heard of before.

I've dealt with Intel Corporation on a faulty network card issue on a specific business line motherboard model. We bought 100's of them and they all had the same issue. I documented the issue and sent them the documentation on the problem. They flat out denied that it was an issue. They even told me they did the same test, in house, on the same model motherboard but couldn't duplicate the problem. Really!!!? Two months later Intel released a new network card driver that solved the problem that they claimed didn't exist.

Welcome to the new world of technology folks!
Appreciate 0