View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #110
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
You missed my point, my point is that the 20 sec penalty is usually asessed in lieu of a drive through if the race is over like in this case...
but a drive through under normal circumstances only costs a driver a couple of grid spots... in this case because the field was bunched up behond the SC, MS ended up losing 6 grid spots... The crime does not justify the punishment, the 20 sec ended up costing him way too much and is not called for since it wasn;t entirely his fault .. they waived green flags for heaven's sake ....

As for the personal attacks, Hill was out there waiting for an opportunity to crusify MS, I am not the only one out there who thinks he's a vindictive a-hole judging by the article about all the hate mail he's been getting ...
No. You missed the point. Read the first paragraph I wrote again. They race the clock. 20 seconds is the time of a drive through. That's the penalty for almost any screw-up. Mercedes GP knew this. They tried to bend a little too far and got the penalty.

Whether or not Hill wanted vengeance, he was on a steward board. He was not doing it alone. People who disagree with the penalty are always going to come up with an excuse as to why the penalty was handed out.

I mean, of course the penalty wasn't given because a known rule bender broke a rule and passed under safety car. No, that couldn't be it. It must be because...because the stewards hate Michael! Give me a break. How old are you again?
Appreciate 0