02-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #8
X519
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustX5 View Post
I am getting Suntek ultra on Monday and then Feynlabs coating later in the week. I went with Suntek because local BMW dealer uses Suntek Ultra and is contracted with certified installer. There was only one Stek installer in my city and he has zero reviews and no functioning website, so didn't want to take a chance.
I made the mistake of not getting appointments for these things in advance. Never knew these detailing people are booked out. so yes I am also novice like you.
What BMW products are you using for interior care? and where did you purchase them from?
Good call on the installer -STEK and Suntek are close to each other product wise, but the installers can apparently make a meaningful difference . I am facing a similar challenge for the GTechniq CS Ultra installer - only place and no reviews on google or yelp, but has a good website and a packed instagram feed full of high end cars over the last several years. Will call him and get a feel for the place before forking over any money.

Appointments - yeah, some of these places are booked a month out, sometimes by private clients and sometime also due to volume bookings by some select dealerships or body shops. Add to the fact that this is time and labor intensive - then the schedules fill up real fast. I am having to juggle my timeline estimate from BMW and dealer and book these accordingly.

BMW products:
Credit to forum user Mystro here. He definitely knows his stuff and has got great credentials . I am linking to his post from another thread here:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=29

I am still to order these, but I presume you can find this at the dealer or the BMW parts website. I'd read the full thread linked to get the full context and additional suggestions. Sonax and Zaino keep coming up as a suggestions.

What exterior color and interior color config do you have? Best of luck and feel free to post pics please
Appreciate 2