02-26-2019, 12:57 AM   #19
X519
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernasty View Post
I think you might be up where I'm located Frisco?
closer to Lucas Small world indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdoc
The UV/heat blocking ceramic film is a must. I live in San Antonio, and there is a local XPEL installer who used to own part of the XPEL company. I would recommend getting the clear tint on the moonroof, windshield and ALL the previously tinted back windows. There is no UV blocking capacity (or heat) on factory tinted windows. By day, my job is taking skin cancers off people. With my kids in the car, and to protect the interior long term, UV protection all around is a must for me.

I have had LLUMAR heat blocking tint products in my cars as well and they all are great. Most of it depends on the installer. There is a good one here at Mark Motors in Boerne if you are willing to drive, but Dallas is so big i'm sure you can find someone locally.
Thanks. Agree on UV/heat blocking ceramic film.

===========
Spoke to the owner of TenFlat detailing for the ceramic coating. Going to do GTechniq CSU Black package (CS Ultra + two coats of EXO V4).

Slightly above average on cost, but quality of work is great. Liking what I am seeing and hearing. Base coat of CS Ultra guaranteed for 9 years if applied by an accredited detailer and with yearly check-ups. EXO-V4 is rated for 2 years, although with care 2.5-3yrs can be achieved before needing a top-up of the EXO. Only the top coat needs to be refreshed. The base coat need not be renewed or re-applied.

Now the hard part...waiting for delivery
Appreciate 0