04-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
alienstudio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP | G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilH930 View Post
Wow that looks good. Nicely done!

Funny timing - I dropped my vehicle off today to have PPF installed on the front, full hood, A pillar and side panels. I did not do the whole car as it substantially increased the cost, but never know, may go back. Your research is interesting and results on your car are stunning. As it happened, I went with Xpel Ultimate Plus. Having been in the shop this pm and seen the product first hand on a McLaren, Merc and Tesla, I was very impressed. Like you, my install will wrap around the edges for seamless appearance. Will be interested to see how I perceive the appearance/gloss of Xpel, but luckily did not have a comparison! Following PPF, my car is also getting a ceramic coat of Xpel Fusion Plus.

Honestly, getting this done is necessary for me. Driving 50 miles a day in Atlanta hammers the car. The car was only 3 weeks old and had the below chips already. You can see my at home attempt to patch them, which is near impossible but will pass (excuse the different color; chips were snapped inside garage, repair in natural light). Getting them repaired professionally has been challenging, and BMW solution was to repaint the entire hood
This time around I did not want rock chips. Glad I went with ppf.