Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
Down side is, it might take a bit to take the carpet out to make it fit.
What do you mean by that? The spare cavity is there and the same carpeted structure regardless of whether you purchase spare at order or afterwards. The only difference might be that the securing rod for the spare might not be in the cavity if not purchased at order, but the spare is heavy enough and doesn't shift or vibrate that you don't particularly need the securing rod.
Oh that you so much. This was the exact question I asked my SA and to send me some pictures of a non spare wheel based X5 in inventory. Already seeing it now.
So Bimmerzone does sell and there are links on this forum. But good lord they run at $589 for the same donut and $190 for the Jack kit.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/bmw-x5-g05...ace-saver.html?

Yikes. Looks like I will just be looking at a tire patch kit and a small compressor.
Thanks though.
Yap, because of the pricing, the standard standing advice around here is: ALWAYS BUY THE SPARE TIRE AT ORDER. Even if you don't want it — someone else will always be happy to take it off your hands.

Just be happy that you can even get it at all. BMW Canada still believes that a spare is impossible on a G05 X5. Unbelievable idiots.