10-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #39
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
X5M F95 blendmount install

Incredibly useful thread, thanks everyone for contributing!

Just did an install on F95 - I had to jump around to a few different comments, so just to summarize for future installers: I followed #19 to remove upper panel first (pull from the top after inserting a plastic wedge - very little force was required). To remove the twin panels on the sides I first disconnected the attachment at the top that is visible (push on the tab and pull the cover sideways), then I put a plastic wedge into the seam between the twin panels starting from the bottom (closest to windshield) and disconnected them from each other. After that medium force was required to pull each one out separately because there is another plastic pin on the inside.

The wires are as shown in #21, though my colors are different than what's in that photo - for me black went to black/brown on car, and red to red/green on car.

The wiretap blades fit snug but I could imagine them popping out due to movement so I ziptied the wiretap wire to the stock wires. I didn't have to drill any holes with the blendmount wiretap - it fits very easily through the stem opening and in fact there was enough space for me to adjust the wire a bit and push it in more after putting everything back together.

Putting the plastics together was very very easy - just snap on and click together.

As others have observed the radar detector stays on for a little bit after the car is turned off and locked, and gesture control can trigger laser on V1gen2, but I haven't had time yet to figure out exactly when that happens and if anything can be done about it besides disabling one or the other.

Last edited by Noneya; 10-01-2020 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: adding title to help with search
Appreciate 1
Cooltones241.00