12-09-2020, 09:52 PM   #1
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
First time changing wheels

Going to swap to winter setup this weekend and it'll be my first time doing it and need some help.

I know a lot of people just lift the car and change one wheel at a time without using jack stands. What I don't understand is how do I get a jack stand under the car if I decide to take the safer path. I haven't looked under the car yet, but from what I understand there are 5 official jack points on an X5M - four on the sides and one middle front. I get I could lift the front two wheels using the middle point and put jack stands to switch front two wheels. But I don't understand how to do the same for back wheels.

I also remember reading somewhere that X5M is stiff enough that you can lift both wheels on one side by jacking it up at one of the side points. If that's true I can see putting one jack stand on that side.

As you can see I'm pretty confused about the process. Any advice? As far as relevant tools go I have two jack stands, one hydraulic jack and whatever jack came with the spare wheel.
Appreciate 0