nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
The setting you describe about shutting the car off when you walk away. That's for the iDrive system. You can have it set so that the iDrive shuts off when you open the door, or stays on. So after you drive, you stop the engine, open the door, the iDrive will shut down.
this is also an inconsistent action for my 45e. i have it set in iDrive to shut off when trip complete (drive state OFF, open door). I understand the "habitual" actions required for this system, but still even today, iDrive did not shut off when I opened the door at the end of my trip. not the end of the world, but it's hard to find consistency where it doesn't seem to exist.

another case in point is its "ACC" capability. when is the power to the central console 12V plug turned off? I have an external dash camera plugged into it. Sometimes it turns off after some minutes after I've ended my trip but other times it stays on. It doesn't matter if the doors are locked or unlocked. Just yesterday after a 7-hour workday, I approached my car (did not unlock it yet) and noticed my dash camera still on, so power to the 12V battery didn't turn off even after locking the car upon arrival to work. just odd behavior...
Appreciate 0