View Single Post
      01-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #6
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
this is also an inconsistent action for my 45e. i have it set in iDrive to shut off when trip complete (drive state OFF, open door). I understand the "habitual" actions required for this system, but still even today, iDrive did not shut off when I opened the door at the end of my trip. not the end of the world, but it's hard to find consistency where it doesn't seem to exist.

another case in point is its "ACC" capability. when is the power to the central console 12V plug turned off? I have an external dash camera plugged into it. Sometimes it turns off after some minutes after I've ended my trip but other times it stays on. It doesn't matter if the doors are locked or unlocked. Just yesterday after a 7-hour workday, I approached my car (did not unlock it yet) and noticed my dash camera still on, so power to the 12V battery didn't turn off even after locking the car upon arrival to work. just odd behavior...
That's odd ... mine works perfectly every time. The only time the car stays on after I shut the engine down is if someone is still in the car or if I open the door before shutting down the engine. Other than that it works every time. My only annoyance is I wish there was a way to turn off iDrive and keep it off. It's annoying when cleaning the car to have it always turn on - then my bluetooth on my phone connects to iDrive and I lose music to my ear buds. I wish BMW would add a "Car Cleaning" option on idrive where it keeps iDrive off for a set amount of time, or until you turn it back on manually.

Hard to know exactly, but the ACC capability could be contributed to your comfort access settings. As you approach the car it will unlock and turn on. So what could have happened for you is that your car recognized you were approaching and turned on the ACC, but wasn't actually on the whole time. I've read post where ppl were looking for power sources for the dash cams for after you turn off the car b/c it seems the ACC power only stays on for a short time after.
Appreciate 0