Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
That's odd ... mine works perfectly every time. The only time the car stays on after I shut the engine down is if someone is still in the car or if I open the door before shutting down the engine. Other than that it works every time. My only annoyance is I wish there was a way to turn off iDrive and keep it off. It's annoying when cleaning the car to have it always turn on - then my bluetooth on my phone connects to iDrive and I lose music to my ear buds. I wish BMW would add a "Car Cleaning" option on idrive where it keeps iDrive off for a set amount of time, or until you turn it back on manually.
Just keep the key fob out of range when washing the car. Then the car won't be able to connect with the key fob.
I'll try this the next time I clean but I could swear it doesn't matter. Every time I open the door to the car the idrive wakes up. Now it could be that the range of the FOB is high and I have to keep it on the opposite side of the house.
These might be useful for your use case. Pressing and holding the volume/power button will turn off the iDrive.

I also sometimes turn of the center screen at night and saved a memory/preference key for it. Car > Settings > Displays > Control display > Turn off control display.

I use NFC key card to open door and start the car; I am not seeing the car shutting down on my 2021 40i when I step out of the car. May be I was in sports individual, I'll try this in comfort mode.