View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #13
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
These might be useful for your use case. Pressing and holding the volume/power button will turn off the iDrive.

I also sometimes turn of the center screen at night and saved a memory/preference key for it. Car > Settings > Displays > Control display > Turn off control display.

I use NFC key card to open door and start the car; I am not seeing the car shutting down on my 2021 40i when I step out of the car. May be I was in sports individual, I'll try this in comfort mode.
Yes - I turn off iDrive by the volume knob but the annoying thing is you have to do it every time you open the door. When I clean the inside of my car I only open one door at a time b/c I don't want bugs, dust, etc getting inside. I'm also listening to my AirPods connected to my phone. So every time, iDrive boots up, my phone connects, Spotify goes from playing through my AirPods to playing on CarPlay... aggravates me every time!! Now when I open the door, it's a race to shut down iDrive before my phone has a chance to connect to it.

For the screen shut off - no need for a memory button - they have a shortcut for it on the iDrive screen already. If you push the control up to get to the top of the iDrive, all the way to the right is the "turn off screen" option. Technically not as fast as just pushing a memory button, but still pretty quick.
Appreciate 0