11-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
2REP
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Is that specific to the 45e? I went to the BMW Belgium site and it still mentioned 7.0...my guess is he either made a mistake, it is not going to be in the US, or it is some new version that lets you buy features à la carte. Either way, it should be interesting! I think everyone, especially people with the 2019 models, are looking forward to the assisted driving plus and driver recorder...even if it is (and will be) an additional fee.

You'll have to keep us posted. Also, any way to see if it is an option to buy on your ordering site? Just looking at the pictures, I am jealous of the options and flexibility they give our European friends!
For the moment they only released it to the X5 45e. And it does indeed let you buy features a la carte. Of course the required hardware needs to be present in the car for it to work.

I dug around some German forums and they say it should come to 7.0 owners but the upgrade will have to be done at the dealer. I haven't been able to find a date but I'm betting that it'll come as soon as BMW is done testing it in the 45e
Appreciate 0