Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X5, '22 X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
this is the gist. other brands/products exist

Washing Car in Winter https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1677420
Very interesting... I am still processing. I am having hard time accepting that spraying magic foam on the paint prevents scratches when you then rub it with stuff. Physics would seem to indicate that unless you remove grit, sand, soil and other hard particles, before you then run a towel, no matter how soft, with some pressure against the paint, there will be scratching. This is why you should never try and wipe off bird poo with a towel or anything else. It tends to have sand or calcerous (iow, small rocks) deposits which are basically like 80 grit sand paper. Unless the magic foam dissolves the sand or other particles capable of scratching. But then I wonder what it does to clear coat. Hose water loosens those particles normally and washes them off without actually pressing into the clear coat therefore minimizing scratching.

That said, I am nowhere near as dedicated as many here, certainly not GrussGott, and have not washed or detailed my car personally in years, so I am definitely not current w/latest and greatest in the detailing domain.

Last edited by 5pacey; 10-24-2021 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0