View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #21
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X5, '22 X5e

Update -

Ok, I lied, just watched the relevant bit...

Weel yes true it does look impressive. I think the towel turning technique is a big contributing factor to minimizing the sand paper effect too. That said, I am an uber sceptic when it comes to stuff so few observations below. The problem is this whole "coating" market/business is basically like "health"/"dietary" supplements. Very few credible apples-apples, and most people have a vested interest in showing whatever product they are showing in a positive light. Either because they are the manufacturer, or because they a reseller, or because they are a detailer who uses it. Not that they necessarily attempt fraud, but its really hard to remain not-biassed when you are convinced that what you have is the best thing since sliced bread or perforated toilet paper.

1. The guy sells this stuff so he is obviously motivated to show how great it is.
2. While the towel technique + the spray do appear to result in 0 new scratches/swirls this is not a "true" test for the following reasons
2.1 The dirt was spread loosely. "Normal" real life dirt is only partially loose, some of it sticks, so it won't just nicely leave the surface when nudged.
2.2 This was a single test. Real life would be multiple over a period of time. I get that nothing is perfect BUT... we are splitting hair here as is
2.3 Not sure I trust the lighting, but it did legitimately seem the same before and after.

BUT I do like your approach. I'd have to see if I can attain the performance level of 20 min though.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50