08-09-2022, 06:06 PM   #34
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Pretty sure that's what most of the F150s I see on the road are for. Honestly, although the only reason I bought a truck was to haul our RV around. After owning our first F150 I'm sold on having one instead of an SUV. It's extremely roomy inside and has most luxury features of any luxury car, but when you do need to make that home depot run or just need to move some furniture or what not it can do that also.

It also probably depends on where you live. Like in FL in the suburbs I don't have much use for the truck part of the truck, however in NC (where I keep the truck) I use it all the time!
Out of a 42-year driving career I've had a pickup truck other than 7 years. Once you own a pickup you always will need one in your fleet. It's not a status symbol any more than a Roundel is on the hood of a BMW. Unless you've actully owned a pickup you think "oh I can just rent one when I want". Nah, the person who says that doesn't get it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2