View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #15
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream54ing View Post
You missed out, the M5 comp was out of this world, imo. This year, they let us take it out without a employee/passenger. I drove it pretty hard, but was scared of crashing or getting a ticket. i seen people drive it like it was at a race track! took the M850 convertible for a spin, but they required a passenger, so it wasn't as fun.

back to your topic, anything that might cause issue later down the road? sounds like it did some damage.
According to BMW Engineer he has no concern with any of the metal items internally to the engine components it cools. But said the weaker aluminum radiators were not worth the risk so they got replaced. According to them all the plastic parts and hoses where done as well. They are not broken down by part number because it came with the other parts. Honestly I would of thought a flush and replacement would have been good enough but this must be serious coolant mixtures, which is why it would concern me if I was anyone else. Apparently smelling it is a good start to determine if it is correct or not. Mine was like a bad acid chemical smell. Not sweet like normal coolant. But I'd get it check at first service minimum for sure.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1