Rep
Drives: X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2022 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
Hey guys I took the plunge and ended up buying this. I just had it flashed today. I still had a leftover Ethernet to OBD2 connector from when running Bootmod3 on previous models.

Set up the appointment for 1pm. He logged onto my laptop via teamviewer. The flash took no longer than 5 minutes. He asked whether I wanted EU spec or for full capacity usage. Opted of course for more range. Beefier the flash my X5 was on complete empty as far as the gauge goes for electric power. Instantly after the flash I showed 18 miles ready to use. He stated to lock the car and let it sit for 1 hour without being started. Next is to deplete to 0 and charge up over the next few days. As easy as it is to do seems like a no brainer to get almost double the range.

I'll post some photos tomorrow morning of the full charge and time it took with the level 2 charger. This is just info for anyone that has been on the fence or thought about it. The guys at mission were great. A little slow at first to schedule but after calling they jumped right on it.

Please keep the normal "void your warranty" comments to yourselves. I know the risk in doing this just like tuning my previous cars. Nothing has ever been flagged out of all my countless vehicles. We all know if it's caused then they could use it against you in the case of warranty work.

They do have the counter reset set so I will be taking the car into service as is with range extender flashed. I am not to worried.
I like it.

Will take my touchscreen deleted X5 next weekend. I recall you did fantastic job to replace the touchscreen. Could you send me the link to replace and decode the touchscreen? Many thanks!
That was another member. Thread is in here somewhere!
Got it, thanks!
Appreciate 0