Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatious View Post
BTW does anyone see this battery malfunction alert when using dashcam. Should I ignore it? I verified that the dashcam is actually in parking mode and not constantly pulling full power when car is sleeping. But I think the car wants 0 power to be pulled.

Nope, but I have a battery pack. I also installed a eMYLO remote switch which I use to turn off the camera completely when I park in the garage. The BlackVue 900x does not have a manual on/off switch so the only way to turn it off is to unplug the power cable every time. No need to have it running in parking mode when my vehicle is parked in the garage and drawing power for 10 minutes before it switches over to battery power. There is also no need to draw power from my battery pack while sitting in the garage. The switch is attached to the back of the battery pack and the battery pack is mounted out of the way in rear driver's side cubby to the back of the amp bracket. You can't even see the battery pack back there (blue box in last pic). Works like a charm. I can turn on and off my camera from the second floor of my house. The range is incredible. Forum member SmartSaves and myself worked on the switch concept together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3