View Single Post
      04-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #55
jonatious
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I don't know what camera you a running so hard to say . However, I have seen 2 different messages for battery warnings on BMW's 1 is the dreaded "Low Battery Discharge" warning which I used to get on my E71 and, 2 this one you have. I have not seen the former on the F86 yet, but my guess is the voltage monitoring system is seeing a parasitic drain on the battery when the car is off and it's saying "this is not normal, something is drawing power when car is off" and it is giving you this message as a precaution to check that something is wrong. Just a guess, but it may continue to be persistent as long as the camera is connected to the fusebox drawing power when the car is shut off. You can try a different fuse and see if that fixes the issue, just live with it, or go battery pack route.
Yeah same guess, and as I verified that the camera is actually in parking mode when car is off, I am assuming that the battery it consumes is minimal and should be fine. I just wanted to check if anyone has expert knowledge on this to say if it can really be ignored. Yeah I thought of trying a different fuse as well.
Appreciate 0