Thread: SVR v X6M Comp
View Single Post
      05-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #8
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
I've always loved Range Rovers, and often alternated between BMW and Rover. However, after my last experience, I would never buy another one - and urge anyone else to do the same.

My last Rover spent over 35% of its life in the shop trying to find electrical issues that stopped the doors properly unlocking. Rover dragged their feet so much with legal action, I eventually just ate the loss and traded out.

As a brand - they don't care about their customers at all, and you will certainly have electrical problems (I did on two of my four recent cars). If you can live with that, and the shockingly bad infotainment systems, they're great cars. When they work. Oh, and the headlights in the US are really terrible, and avoid the heated windshield like the plague - it ruins the little night vision you do get.

I traded my full size Autobiography supercharged for my current X6MC. The X6MC is certainly less comfortable, but massively more fun to drive, and the technology is vastly superior.

Also, bear in mind new models of the Sport and Fullsize are imminent, so depreciation will be even more terrifying than usual....
Appreciate 0