Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vanguard- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
To me the main benefit of the SVR is the interior quality, comfort and the exterior design. The X6M is engine and sporty handling…

I believe the 2016-2018 era RRS had many electrical issues that seem to be sorted out now. Also, as others have said there is a much bigger dealer network for BMW. I used to have a Jaguar XJ - I really liked it and I had no issues with my dealer. Always got a loaner with no problems. No major mechanical issues in 6 years of owning it - 2012-2018, when I decided to get an SUV. RRS at the time had the electrical issues so went with Cayenne S. Last year, when I wanted to get a RRS V8, they were too expensive for my budget. But everyone I know who has a recent RR really likes it.

I would not just dismiss LR outright. They make some good products that look great. JMHO.
Have you tried the infotainment in the RR SVR? Its a complete mess. Laggy, unintuitive, and requires multiple button presses to do anything.

That alone for me was a deal breaker. Add that its the same price as an M and a full second slower and it has a history of poor reliability kills the idea even more.

Exterior design is subjective. I personally think the X6M is the second most handsome SUV on the market after the Urus.
The infotainment is laggy compared to iDrive, but it's much improved in the current model. Yes, if you prefer the looks of the X6M to all SUVs other than Urus then it's a no brainer. I am assuming the OP prefers the styling of the RRS SVR. That's one of it's USPs. My 2 cents worth.

Curious what the OP decided to buy.
Appreciate 0