Thread: Air suspension
View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #5
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

I’m coming from 4 series Gran Coupe with adaptive M suspension. That suspension was 90% of time set to sport mode (firm). You could feel everything surface wise. The car did feel like a go cart taking turns. Comfort level was bad though

I took air suspension on X5 and I would take it again. I drive around in adaptive (x5 45e) mode so comfort style suspension 90% of time now because the X5 makes me more of a cruiser really. I don’t feel the same urge to take those turns that hard compared to the 4 series.

In sport mode it is reasonably tight to take turns and drive more sport style. It doesn’t have same stiffness as the adaptive m suspension of my 4 series.

I guess to get as close to that as possible you should take other option and not go for air suspension. However, you would loose comfort level depending on how good the roads are where you live. In Belgium roads are a disaster.

The air suspension definitely gives me the comfort I never had and I like it. What I also like is the ability to lower the car, getting stuff in or out of the trunk or just putting it down when it’s parked because it just looks bad ass I have a dog also so later on when I have a cage it will also be helpful that the dog can jump in and out more easily.
Appreciate 3