nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post

I’m so torn on which version to get. I’d love to stick with OEM for fit and finish purposes but I have zero CF on my X5 and just feel like the gloss black knock off versions would fit best given that it would match all the other gloss black with the X5.
I’ll chime in that given the head-on position of the front lip, be prepared for some type of marring or even damage. of course, it’ll depend on the quality and if you decide to protect it.

I purchased OEM M performance CF side mirror caps, and they delaminated after 2 years. pretty upsetting for the price. they were ceramic coated (though knowingly doesn’t protect from rock chips or dings). ppf trial failed due to their curvature (it was noticeably ugly)

if you can protect with ppf, all the better. if not, then gloss black is much easier to repair than CF (I replaced my side mirror caps with gloss black aftermarket ones)

that said, I’m glad I went with aftermarket ACS-style front lip. it’s still doing well after 3 years even without ceramic or ppf
Attached Images

Appreciate 3